How's about a health breakfast or brunch to get you in flow for the day?
If any other members have some great healthy recipes to share, please share under the recipes tag.
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese (any hard “stinky” cheese works great!)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh dill (optional)
You are going to need to use your broiler for this
- Sauté broccoli, mushrooms, onion in a pan until just tender. About 5-8 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Remove veggies from the pan and place in a large bowl.
- Add whisked eggs, corn, cheese, S+P to the veggie mix. Combine and set aside.
- Add butter to the empty pan. Bring heat to medium. Coat the pan well.
- When butter starts to sizzle add veggie and egg mixture back into the pan. Make sure the mixture is even in the pan. Cook on medium for 8 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden and pull away from the pan. The top will still look a little runny, but don’t worry that is where the broiler comes in.
- After frittata has cooked for approximately 8 minutes, move the pan to the hot broiler and cook the top for 1 minute. Using hot pads, remove the pan from the oven and cool for 3 minutes
- Top with fresh dill (optional) then cut into wedges and serve.
Top comments (2)
Could easily be post workout too
I’d eat these all day long