During the pandemic we have realized the importance of working out and gyming and to what extent we are dependent on our gym and fitness classes; however, this pandemic has also taught us how we can still keep at our fitness game without such facilities, in the comfort of our homes. This is an important lesson especially if you want to lead a healthy life.
By staying at home for over a year many of us have gained weight and become slower and sluggish routine wise, we don’t know about you but this has affected our performance and we have learned that no matter what the circumstances, we need to abide by a regular exercise routine if we want to maintain a level of growth and development.
We hope you are ready to pull up your workout shorts because we are about to state the many benefits of having a regular exercise routine, many that make it mandatory to invest at least 4 days a week working out and staying active as much as we can. Here are a few reasons why we highly recommend making and maintaining a regular exercise schedule:
1.Helps to lose and maintain weight
For those of us who are struggling with weight loss can relate to how difficult it can be to shed a few pounds; that becomes even more stressful if you have a very high goal to achieve. Hence to avoid a situation where it becomes medically necessary to lose a lot of weight at one time it is recommended to keep exercising daily so that you can maintain a healthy weight.
Losing weight is not just about aesthetics and the way that you look; being overweight can negatively affect your health as well and you also tend to feel very lethargic and unproductive. Regularly exercising will keep you in shape, plus it also means you can eat whatever you like whenever you like it.
2. Regular Exercise helps to improve mental diseases
Because you will be active most of the week, you will begin to see a change in your mental health as well; exercising helps improve your mental well being and many patients who suffer from mental diseases are recommended to maintain a regular exercising routine because:
● Exercising helps to produce happy hormones in your body such as oxytocin, dopamine, serotonin, and endorphins, all of which help make you feel happier, motivated, and productive. Patients who suffer from depression use exercise as a means of therapy because it helps them feel active and energetic.
● Exercising regularly also helps to reduce stress and anxiety because you can exert any negative energy that you might be feeling in a productive way
● Many exercises require effort and practice from an individual to excel, such as yoga, aerobics, HIIT, weight training e.t.c. Eventually, when an individual finds themselves perfecting the exercise it helps to motivate them and boost their mood; making them feel good about themselves because they have achieved or excelled at a goal.
3. Regular Exercise helps to improve physical health
There are so many physical health benefits of exercising regularly that experts and doctors have realized over the years:
● Exercising helps to lower blood sugar levels in the blood because our body burns glucose to make energy that allows us to make movements.
● Exercising helps to reduce chances of getting heart-related diseases such as blood pressure because exercising helps to burn bad cholesterol from our blood, making blood circulation easier
● Exercising helps to improve blood circulation
● It also helps to improve stamina and improve your breathing immensely
● Exercising regularly will also help improve your balance and reflexes.
● Exercising also helps to reduce levels of cortisol from our body that not only causes bloating but also increases stress and anxiety.
4. Regular Exercise helps to keep you active and energetic
Waking up early in the morning and struggling to get out of bed? Well, we can guarantee that even if you do a few rounds on the skipping rope you will become wide awake and in fact, will feel very active and energetic. Because of the immediate cardio and blood circulation, your body gets a wake-up call unlike any alarm clock and you will get straight to work!
5. Regular Exercise helps balance your sleep pattern
If you have a hard time sleeping at night or following a regular sleeping pattern then exercising will help you out:
● Firstly exercising will help relax and stretch your muscles so your body will need sleep to recover
● You will become so exhausted and tired that you will fall asleep
● Exercise also helps to calm you mentally and reduces stress so you will find it easier to mentally check out at night and get a good night's sleep
6. Regular Exercise helps you to socialize
If you think you’re an introvert and you’re finding it difficult to socialize then we seriously recommend joining a gym, taking up some form of a fitness class, joining a team sport, or even signing up for online classes. Trust us you will meet like-minded people in fitness classes and it will become easier for you to meet and make friends. So change into your most comfortable exercising tank top and get ready to socialize!
7. Regular Exercise helps to make your bones and muscles stronger
Due to the improved blood circulation as a result of exercising regularly, our bones and muscles become stronger and more flexible. The more we exercise the more calcium is absorbed by our bones; similarly, our muscles become more flexible and more resistant to injury.
8. Regular Exercise helps to make your skin look better
Who does not like good skin? We love a natural glow that requires minimal makeup and helps us look fresh at all times. Well, the best beauty hack we can think of is again exercising! When you exercise
● the sweat helps to remove toxins from the body
● you are more likely to drink water to avoid dehydration
● the improved blood circulation and high oxygen levels help to keep you looking fresh and glowing at all times
9. Regular Exercise helps to improve your memory
Exercising also has a very positive impact on your neurological system, not only do you become more aware and alert of your surroundings, but your memory also improves immensely. This is again a result of improved blood circulation and a steady flow of oxygen to the body.
10. Regular Exercise helps to manage chronic pains
If you suffer from chronic back, shoulder, or neck pain the regular exercise will help strengthen your muscles and bones hence helping you to feel better and get rid of acute pains. Usually, we suffer from such pains when we have a bad posture and over the years it begins to cause us pain and discomfort. Exercising and stretching will help improve your posture and overall bone structure helping to reduce any such pains.