Inspired by Nick's post on headphones
My Nike sneakers were a birthday present from my wife, I have only had them about 5 months but they have seen some serious action already.
These sneakers are glued to my feet during Les Mills Body Pump classes, Muay Thai bag work and treadmill / elliptical training.
Most of that takes place in my home gym 👇🏼
When looking for sneakers, this is my criteria:
- I have super narrow feet, like blades, so I need a super-narrow fit.
- They need to be really light, I can't stand any weight on my feet when training.
- My laces need to strap wide across the top.
- The upper needs to be very thin, so when I am kicking the bag I can still get the conditioning on the tops of my feet.
- I never wear socks, so they need to be airy.
- The soles need to be anti-slip as my garage floor can get slippy in the winter.
My search led me to Nike's Free Run 5.0 Trainers, size 8 to be exact and they fit like a glove!
I am a huge martial arts fan, so I went ahead and got them customised with some personal lettering. They cost me about £75 and I only wear them for the gym and the fit all the criteria above, the thing I like about them the most though is the fit, it feels like they were custom made for my feet.
What sneakers are you wearing and why?