I did a keto diet for what felt like a long period of time:
I miss the cognitive advantages of a food exclusion diet, no brain fog, fast thinking, better vocabulary, more energy. So why haven't I gone back to it? 🧐
- After a while, I found it boring.
- Chocolate makes me happy (as long as I control myself).
- My wife tells me that extremes aren't always a good thing, instead you should focus on finding a balance and exercising self control.
- I have found that 16:8 intermittent fasting gives me a similar experience to keto.
- I have stopped thinking that carbs are bad, and instead just started enjoying food more by putting less pressure on myself.
I have realised over time that I would be miserable without certain foods and the experience they bring, especially when eating out.
I love carbs, there I said it. Now I am off to eat some cake but i'll definately be training later.
Anyone else been on the carb/no carb journey?