376. Cara Enright on Completing the Goggins Challenge
“I really threw myself into everything that made me uncomfortable.”
Happy Bonus Episode Day! Cara Enright is someone I've wanted to have on the show for a long time, and I couldn't decide whether to include her in the Everyday Runner series (a runner with a full-time job and lots of hobbies!) or to share her episode on a Thursday — and so, the solution is a bonus episode, in the middle, today!
Cara Enright is a New York City-based runner (and former competitive jump roper!) who works in pharmaceutical recruiting. Last month, Cara and a group of runners (including The Bachelorette's Zac Clark) completed the Goggins Challenge: They ran four miles every four hours for 48 hours straight. On this episode, Cara talks about how she got involved, how she prepared, and what the experience was like. (By the end of the challenge, the group had also raised more than $80,000 for the Release Recovery Foundation.) When she's not working or running through Times Square at 1 AM with her friends, Cara is the women's captain for the Brooklyn Track Club, and is a partner with Free People Movement.
SPONSOR: Ranger Ready Repellents — Use code ONTHERUN10 for 10% off your purchase.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- All about competitive jump roping (3:45)
- Cara shares her running story (6:25)
- On navigating the New York City running scene (9:30)
- The role running plays in Cara’s life now (18:45)
- How Cara’s feeling after completing the Goggins Challenge (23:30)
- What it was actually like running the Goggins Challenge in NYC (32:10)
- On raising more than $80K for the Release Recovery Foundation (43:30)
- All about Cara’s role with Free People Movement (49:30)
- What’s next on the run? (55:00)
What we mention on this episode:
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe, and leave a rating and review on iTunes or Apple Podcasts. And, as always, spread the run love by sharing this episode with your friends, family members, running buddies, or favorite internet strangers!